Friday, March 22, 2013

Mourning the End of Google Reader

If you use Google Reader, I'm sure you've heard by now that they are cancelling the service as of July 1, 2013.


First they announced the end of iGoogle, now this? What are trying to do to me Google?!

I loved Google Reader because it kept track of all of the blogs I'm interested in, in one easy to access spot. So, like many of you, I'm now looking for a replacement. Earlier this week I signed up with another reader service called NewsBlur. While I liked the interface, I've had problems accessing the site numerous times. That doesn't bode very well, IMO. So, I think the hunt continues.

How do you keep track of the blogs you like? Do you have a favorite Reader service? Do tell!

3 comments:

"Prof. Kitty" said...

I don't know what I'm gonna do! I've been using Google Reader for years. I worry that readers will become obsolete because bloggers post their updates on Facebook so you could theoretically stay up to date that way. But I prefer the reader method. Let's keep each other posted!

Ashley Bee said...

I use bloglovin now, it's very similar in style but not ALL of my blogs carried over. But it was easy to add them.

Amy said...

These rolls are beautiful and perfect. Wow, and you knead them by hands? Bravo on that. I'm always too lazy to do so and just use a mixer. :P