Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Things to Do in Southern California: Visiting the J. Paul Getty Museum

Hubby and I love to do little day trips on the weekend to make it feel like we're really "getting away from it all" - like the all the dishes and laundry and other household chores. One of our recent escapes was to the J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center in Los Angeles.

It's about a 1.5 hour drive north of the San Diego area - and well worth it to visit. The museum hosts a variety of European paintings, artifacts and sculptures, as well as both American and European photography.

























The building and grounds themselves are also very impressive to behold - with amazing gardens and views clear to the ocean.
 
Perhaps best of all, entry to the museum is FREE! If you drive to the location, all you have to pay is a $15 parking fee per car. That's probably the best deal you'll ever get for an afternoon's worth of entertainment in LA. 
 
And if all that wasn't enough, there is one last cherry to place on the top of the sundae:
 
Jelly & Nutella Sandwiches in the Museum Cafe!! (That was my first Nutella & jelly sandwich - but I can guarantee you, it won't be my last. Absolutely delicious!)

1 comment:

Rita said...

This is the kind of museum I love to visit. I have a feeling you have many more in your little corner of the world that I do. What a bed!
Rita