Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Vacation - Cape Cod, MA

Sorry I've been MIA for a while, but I have a good excuse - I was on vacation! This year, we decided to rent a house on Cape Cod with my parents, my in-laws and my husband's brothers & their families. It was a really fun time - and we got to see a lot of the Cape, from Falmouth to Hyannis to Provincetown. We also managed a visit to Martha's Vineyard, which is a small island just off the Cape.
Along the way, we of course enjoyed some great treats - like lobster rolls (to die for!), soft-serve ice cream (oh how I missed you! we only seem to have fro-yo in SoCal) and even locally made wine (Truro Vineyards is a must stop if you're on the outer Cape!).
 
Here are some of the highlights of our trip, in pics:

We ducked into the JFK museum in Hyannis during a surpise thunderstorm. The exhibits were very well done.

See that fishy in the kitty's mouth? Too cute! Given my love for black cats, I had to pop in here for a snack. Great french fries!
Beach Day! The water was so calm, I had to keep reminding myself it was the Atlantic Ocean and not a lake!
Another beach day - flying kites with my niece.
The famous Black Dog Tavern on Martha's Vineyard
Martha's Vineyard Lighthouse

 The Pilgrim Memorial in Provincetown. The Pilgrims actually landed here first before making it to Plymouth.

 We climbed all the way to the top of the Pilgrim Memorial - lots of steps & ramps! (Worked off some of that ice cream, though!)

 Wine tasting & vineyard tour at Truro Vineyards in Cape Cod. Some of the best New England wine I've had!

So that's what I did on my summer vacation. How about you? Been anywhere fun - or have any plans to go somewhere soon? If so, safe travels!

2 comments:

"Prof. Kitty" said...

Thanks for sharing your recap, looks like a fabulous time! Glad you could come get a proper dose of Red Sox Nation ;) And I'm impressed you can fly a kite. (I used to try all the time when I was little but never managed it!)

Heather @ Cookies For Breakfast said...

Ahh we LOVE THE BLACK CAT!!!! My parents live at the Cape, so we're there aalll the time. If you ever go back, there is a fish dinner - I think cod - cooked in a coconut broth and served over a scallion rice that is TO DIE FOR. I'm about to jump in my car and drive to the Cape now just thinking about it!! :)