Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Got Salsa?

Back at the beginning of May, I saw that Foodbuzz was having a recipe contest sponsored by Herdez® Salsa. I submitted my Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, figuring "you can't win if you don't play" but never really thinking I'd win. Well, guess what? I did!! As part of the prize, I was told to expect a sampling of Herdez products. Imagine my surprise when my "sampling" arrived in a 40 lb. box last night! After wading through packing tape, peanuts and bubble wrap, we uncovered....
...2 CASES of salsa! (1 medium and 1 salsa verde)

Good thing I like salsa! I've got several recipes that call for salsa - and of course, it's always good straight out of the bottle with chips - but I'm always open to new ideas, especially for the salsa verde. What's your favorite way to eat salsa?

7 comments:

"Prof. Kitty" said...

Congrats on winning the contest! That's a lotta salsa you got there. My family is really liking my slow-cooker "chicken chili." I throw in a jar of salsa, a cup of chicken broth (or however much looks right--water also fine), a pound of chicken thighs cut up and browned with chili powder, and 2 cans black beans. Leave to slow-cook all day and serve over rice (or maybe warm tortillas). Chopped cilantro on top is a plus!

ValleyWriter said...

That sound yummy - and super easy! Can't wait until I get my slow cooker back (next week - woo hoo!!).

RonJoeWhite said...

I only like salsa with round mini tostido chips.

Most of my family will put it on about anything they eat. I'll bet some of the hard core salsa eaters like my son-in-law even pours it on his ice cream! Yuck!!

Jenn @leftoverqueen said...

Wow, that is A LOT of salsa! Have fun with it! I bet you are in a good place to get good fresh salsa too! :)

Rita said...

Congratulations! You are in for a good time looking for recipes to use it up.
Rita

Velva said...

Very cool. All that salsa, just in time for Summer. Congrats to you.

Velva

Tangled Noodle said...

Woo-hoo!! Congratulations! What a win and a great prize. So, is all the salsa gone now? 8-P A very easy dish I used to make for my husband: thick cut pork chops in an oven-proof dish, then smothered with a bottle of salsa. Cover with foil, bake on 350degrees for about 20-30 (or check for doneness). My husband loved how the salsa kept the pork chops moist. Now I'm craving some... 8-)