Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blackberry Peach Sangria

Yes, the wine talk continues... I mentioned last post that one of the wines we picked up from the CT Valley Winery was their "Peachy" wine, which is a white wine infused with actual peaches. It's technically not a dessert wine (it only has 11% alcohol and dessert wines have more than 14%), but it's still a little too sweet to drink straight up, in my opinion. When I tasted it, I knew it would be perfect for sangria.

As luck would have it, I was also recently given the opportunity to try out some Zaya rum and Driscoll's berries - so I decided to bring everything together into a fruity, white sangria.



Turns out, I was right on the money about those ingredients being great for sangria. They make a nice, light drink that's slightly sweet but still very refreshing. It would be perfect for a hot sunny day, but I'll take it on a rainy Wednesday night, too ;-) I especially loved eating the fruit at the end - it's like wine and dessert all in one!

Blackberry Peach Sangria
Serves 3-4

Ingredients
1/2 c. Driscoll's blackberries
1 peach, sliced
3/4 c. peach wine
1 oz. Zaya rum
2 c. white cranberry-peach juice cocktail

Method
Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher. Refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to meld. Serve & enjoy responsibly!

Disclaimer: I received a coupon for Driscoll's Berries and a free sample of Zaya rum from Baddish Marketing Group. However, the views and opinions expressed in this blog are my own.

6 comments:

Lys said...

That looks like a slice of summertime heaven!

Jenn said...

Mmm...I wish I had a glass of that right now. I need something to beat this summer heat.

Vince said...

When I started with Wine the strongest came from Bulgaria at 12.5%.
Good wine came in between 9 and 11%. Or cool climate grapes. Nowadays the norm is for 13%, or what back in the day would have been distiled to form a brandy of some ilk.
And neither tongue nor nose can find anything from high %age Whites.

kathryn said...

Oh...so yummy! Honey, you make everything look so good. Loving the idea of getting my daily requirement of fruits with my wine!

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen said...

Wow, that looks so good! Perfect for these scorching heat wave days!

N.D. said...

that looks fantastic!