Thursday, July 1, 2010

Do you like pina coladas?

If you like pina coladas - even if you're not big on getting caught in the rain (heh) - then you'll like this latest creation - pina colada pudding shots!
We'll be attending a Luau-themed party soon and people often bring tropical-inspired drinks (and food) to share. There were some creative jello shots last year that sounded like they might be good... but there was one little problem - I despise gelatin. So, I didn't partake.

This year, I decided to try to make my own pudding shot (pudding is fine - just that jiggly gelatin that gets me!). I thought pina colada would be fitting for the luau theme, but I couldn't find a recipe. No worries, I thought - I'm always up for experimentation! And experiment we have... Finally on round 3 we got it down (don't worry, no driving or blogging was done during the trials!). So, now we have...

Pina Colada Pudding Shots
(Makes about 16 1-ounce shots)

Ingredients:
1 (3 oz) pkg. vanilla pudding
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. cream of coconut
1/4 c. spiced rum
1/2 c. pineapple-flavored rum
8 oz. whipped cream

Method
Beat pudding, milk, cream of coconut and rums together in a medium size bowl for about 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and starts to thicken. Fold in whipped cream. Portion equally into individual cups (or any freezable container if you're just making them for yourself!). Freeze at least 4 hours until set. Keep in freezer until ready to serve.

Enjoy - responsibly!

2 comments:

"Prof. Kitty" said...

You are a genius. I didn't even know they made pineapple-flavored rum. Yum! Can't wait to try these... soon ;)

kathryn said...

Oh, these sound heavenly. And I agree...you are a genius. One thing though: what if you despise the taste of coconut? I'm probably the only gal on the planet.

You simply must revise it so I may still partake and not hurl.

purdy-please??