Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!
Spring has sprung here in the valley. The sun is shining, the windows are open, birds are chirping and my crocuses are in bloom.

Life doesn't get much better than this. And to top off a wonderful weekend, this week's Sunday Supper will take place at my parent's house. We're having a big Easter dinner with my Dad's side of the family. I'm making the family galumpkie (polish cabbage roll) recipe again this year. It was a big hit with everyone last year - especially my great aunt who used to make them all those years ago. She suffered a stroke a couple of years ago and can't speak very well, but the joyous smile on her face after taking her first bite was clear praise to me.

Hope you enjoy your day - whatever you celebrate and however you celebrate it!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Easter!!! Hope you have a good one. Enjoy the spring and relax the day away.

rheumablog said...

Spring is sproinging there in the valley, but up here in the high country it's icy cold, wet, and snow has been forcast for tonight and tomorrow. Nevertheless, it was a nice Easter Sunday. We went out for brunch, ended up eating Mexican food, and when we got home, everyone had naps. Can't ask for much more.

Hope your day was beautiful, full of joy, love and laughter. Oh, and cabbage rolls! :o)

kathryn said...

Happy Easter to you, too Sweetie! I hope you and your fam had a fabulous day! The weather here in NY was also extraordinary....scads of sunshine and balmy temps...what could be bad??

I'm sure you've made your great-auntie super-happy by your scrumptious meal!

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen said...

I love golubki!!! I make them at least once every winter!!! Hope you and Mr. VW had a great Easter!