Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Suppers - Pasta Rosa

We enjoyed a beautiful spring weekend here in the Valley - including lots of St. Paddy's day festivities in nearby Holyoke (home of the 2nd largest St. Patrick's Day Parade in the US). After a couple of late nights and long days, we spent today hanging around at home - enjoying the sunshine and fresh spring air. When dinner time came around, we wanted something simple and easy. Mr. ValleyWriter and I ended up collaborating to make a creamy, yummy pasta with some light, bright pops of flavor.

We started out with some chicken and artichoke hearts. Then I found some sundried tomatoes and roasted red pepper in the fridge and added those in. I was thinking we'd just drizzle some olive oil in, but Mr. ValleyWriter opened the cover and found the Four Cheese Rosa sauce I got a few weeks ago from Bertolli as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program - and I knew he'd hit on something wonderful. The combination of flavors ended up being perfect. Bright tomatoes and artichokes in a creamy, comforting alfredo-tomato sauce. I think we'll be fighting over the leftovers tomorrow!


Pasta Rosa

Ingredients:
1 large chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts
1/4 c. sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 roasted red pepper, chopped
1 jar Bertolli® Four Cheese Rosa sauce
1 box whole wheat spaghetti, cooked al dente
1 tsp. dried parsley, optional

Method:
In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt & pepper and cook 5-6 minutes until chicken is mostly white. Add artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and roasted red pepper. Cook another 3-4 minutes until chicken is cooked fully through. Add Four Cheese Rosa sauce, turn heat to low and simmer another 2-3 minutes to heat sauce through. Add cooked pasta and simmer 1-2 minutes. Serve with parsley sprinkled on top, if desired.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Out of the two sauce i got from Bertolli, I'd have to say that I liked the Four Cheese Rosa better. I guess it reminded me of Alfredo sauce. Yum!!!

kathryn said...

Honey, you always make me hungry on these posts...even if I've just eaten!

I loooove alfredo sauce...second only to a-la vodka sauce. (If that's really a name)

I'm printing this recipe out, too!

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Sounds like a great and quick meal! Love all the flavors! :)

rheumablog said...

This recipe is making my mouth water. I've added it to my recipe file and hope to make it VERY soon. Thanks so much for sharing it!
-Wren

Tangled Noodle said...

Just done with my own pasta dish and here's yet another delicious one! I love the artichokes and sundried tomatoes in this, two ingredients that I've been keeping stocked in my pantry. 8-)

platform beds said...

I have been making a whole lot of pasta these past months because I am trying to get rid of rice in the house. Thanks for the recipe. Something new!

Performance Seating Guide said...

Thank you for posting this recipe. Looks delicious!