Friday, March 5, 2010

Spicy Chicken & Sausage Campanelle

I arrived home last night to find my dear hubby waiting for me. We settled in for an evening of catching up—him regaling me with CA stories (which, oddly enough, always seem to include mention of how beautiful CA women are.... seriously, I've been there - they're all pretty... and yes, I'm a little jealous, but I digress), while I regaled him with stories about the cats . (Who has it better? Tough call, I know.)

We hung out in the kitchen enjoying some wine and cooking up a yummy pasta dish. Just before he left last week, I received a surprise delivery from Bertolli and Foodbuzz. As part of Foodbuzz's Tastemakers program, Bertolli sent me this fancy box with 2 kinds of sauce in it—a bottle of Four Cheese Rosa (alfredo with a hint of tomato) and a bottle of Arrabiata (a spicy tomato sauce).

Since I offered up creamy, gooey cinnamon rolls early in the day and had a creamy vanilla bean creme brulee planned for dessert—I figured the Arrabiata sauce would be perfect for spicing things up in the middle. Though the box Bertolli sent me came with a bunch of good looking recipes, I decided to branch out on my own on this one. So here's my recipe for:

Spicy Chicken and Sausage Campanelle 


Ingredients:
1 link andouille sausage
1 chicken breast
salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
1 jar Bertolli® Arrabbiata sauce
8 oz. campanelle pasta 


Method:
Place sausage in a frying pan, add about 1/2 inch water and heat over medium heat. When water begins to simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning once. Remove sausage once the water has evaporated and the sausage is cooked through. 
Now add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to the pan over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and let rest.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook campanelle for about 10 minutes until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add roasted red peppers and Arrabbiata sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer. 
Having let the sausage and chicken rest for at least 5 minutes, slice both and add to the sauce.
Once pasta is al dente, drain and add to sauce. Stir and let simmer 1-2 minutes to finish cooking pasta.

Serve and let your dining partners' praise begin!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I just used up half of the Arrabiata sauce I got from them, too. I liked it quite a bit. I can't wait to try the four cheese sauce.

lk (Healthy Delicious) said...

I'm loving the looks of the rosa sauce and can't wait to try it. Loved the packaging too! Love what you did here with te arribata

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
Wish you a happing using.

many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for paying the hosting and developement of the theme

elomsexiccace