Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm back from the land of sunshine!

Mr. ValleyWriter and I headed out to California last week (hence the need to clean out the cupboards and fridge with those everything-but-the-kitchen-sink muffins the week before. We hit San Diego, Carlsbad, Temecula and LA/Hollywood. It was an awesome trip - and we crammed in a lot! But, it was my first time in CA, so I wanted to see as much as I could. I thought I'd share a few highlights (of course including some culinary highlights, too!)

First we started out in San Diego, where we hit the zoo:
Then we moved on to Carlsbad, where we saw some awesome sunsets over the ocean:

Then it was on to LA, where we went to one of the highlights of the trip - Pink's! (For those who don't know, Pink's is a famous hot dog stand in Hollywood.)

(I ordered a chili cheese dog, on the left; Mr. ValleyWriter ordered the "America the Beautiful" dog,
on the right.)

(Mr. ValleyWriter's dog was enormous! It was loaded with bacon, pastrami, lettuce and tomatoes - and he ate the whole thing!)

And our last stop was Temecula wine country:

It was a great trip, filled with sunshine, beaches, good food and good wine - but there's nothing like being home again. Fortunately, I have tons of photos and memories to last a long time.

2 comments:

N.D. said...

wow looks like a great time ! great pics!

Jenn said...

Glad you had a fun time in good ol' SoCal. I miss San diego. I haven't been to Pink's in what feels like ages. I love how enormous the hot dogs are. haha...