Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ugh... feeling not-so-motivated...

So you may have noticed that the posts have been fewer and further between in recent weeks. In part that's because summer is a busy time, but in part it's because my RA hasn't been doing as well. This time, my doctor thinks it's less an issue of the joints and more an issue of the ligaments having been stretched out by all the swelling over recent months. My knees, ankles and feet have been bothering me to the point that I've had to start physical therapy, cut down on activity - and cut out running entirely.

And while I'm happy to report that I'm starting to feel a bit better, I'm not happy to report that the scale is reading a higher number these days. That's where my lack of motivation is coming. I know I should ramp up the activity a bit more... but in part, I don't feel motivated to do it and in part, I'm worried about hurting again. I also know that I should really start tracking what I'm eating more religiously again... but it just seems like such a pain sometimes to run to the computer to track every little thing.

But, I guess I just have to pull up my bootstraps and jump back on the wagon... one day at a time, right? If you've seen my motivation - can you tell it to come home now? :-)

6 comments:

lk (Healthy Delicious) said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better! :(

I've lost motivation too... I start the week off strong but then it fizzles and pizza delivery sounds like a great idea....

ValleyWriter said...

Oh yeah - we've had pizza delivered a couple of times in recent weeks! Glad I'm not the only one!

Alta said...

I understand that frustration! It's hard to keep up the activity level when hurdles are in the way...and pain is definitely a hurdle! Tell your motivation that you'll promise to start back slow, if it promises to come back. :)

ValleyWriter said...

Alta - that's a good one :-) I like it!

myblissfulbites said...

Glad you are starting to feel better. Having a somewhat similar diagnosis I understand what you mean about the frustration & no motivation. Just remember even the little things are accomplishments to be proud of! Best wishes.

ValleyWriter said...

Thanks blissful - best of luck to you, as well!