Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My first blog award! (And a shout out to some awesome fellow foodies!)

A big shout out goes to Hummingbird Appetite who nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger award!

Hummingbird Appetite is blessed with a high metabolism - and is always coming up with wonderful creations to feed her hunger - from breakfast through dessert! She just started her blog in May, but she is on a serious roll!

So the rules of the Kreative Blogger award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.


I think we've got #1-3 down (thanks again Hummingbird!), so onto 7 things about me:

1. I'm not a natural brunette. (Thank you Clairol!)
2. I can't cook with a sink full of dishes. I must wash at least some before starting.
3. Unloading the dishwasher (which is honestly the simplest task) is my least favorite household chore.
4. My favorite cookies are chocolate chip.
5. I can bend my thumb backwards to touch the top of my wrist.
6. I have a degree in biology and writing.
7. I read nutrition labels obsessively when grocery shopping.

And the awards go to....

1. Jenn from Bread + Butter who amazes me with her *daily* creations. I also love to hear little snippets about her work as a director/producer - makes me feel like I "know" someone in the biz ;-)

2. Kelly from Evil Shenanigans Baking & Cooking Blog, whose site I quickly realized was aptly named when she kept tempting me with amazing creations like Strawberry Jam Tarts and Chocolate Chip Overload Cookies. (Seriously - 3 bags of chocolate chips in one batch of cookies?!!? That's a lady after my own heart!)

3. Sara over Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice, whose blog subtitle - "where the good go to be bad" - had me hooked from the start. Don't let the title fool you, though - this blog isn't devoted solely to sweets. Sara's got other "goodies" like BBQ pork sandwiches and Pepper Jack Bison Burgers.

4. LK from Healthy Delicious whose "Meat-Free Fridays" weekly post I always look forward to. I think many of us health- and eco-conscious eaters are looking for ways to cut back on meat in our diet. LK delivers some great ideas!

5. Gail over at Entertaining Made Easy who dishes up great ideas for entertaining at home. I really enjoyed her recent FoodBuzz 24, 24, 24 Fondue Dinner -can't wait to have one myself now!

6. Prof. Kitty from The Cabinet of Prof. Kitty who combines recipes, restaurant reviews and a run down of her weekly radio show all in one spot. She's a dim sum connoisseur and has me itching to try it out soon.

7. Rebecca from Playful Noshings who, much like me, is learning to eat more locally and naturally. We both have CSA shares, so I love to see what she's getting out in Utah as compared to what I'm getting here in New England.

Thanks to all my fellow foodies for your great ideas and great comments over the last 10 months. Here's to many more!

6 comments:

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

thanks so much!!

Jenn said...

Aww, thanks a bunch.

It's nice to get to know you a little better. ;-)

Rebecca said...

shucks...thanks so much! i'm really enjoying your blog too:) xx

Kelly said...

Wow! I'm flattered! Thank you for the award! I will be passing it along very soon! :D

"Prof. Kitty" said...

Hey, thanks so much for the award! I love the idea of giving props to foodies we admire. I'm working on my list now! Cheers!

Gail said...

Thank you so much for the award - I'm very flattered! Really enjoying your blog - thank you.