Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CSA Farm Share - Week 4

Last week was a little crazy - so I missed posting the week 3 share. But for those of you keeping score, we got our first zucchini, summer squash and broccoli last week, plus some garlic scapes, lettuce, mixed greens and strawberries.

This week was a similar take - with the addition of beats and spinach (minus the strawberries, which I have to back and pick if it ever stops raining!):


Not sure what I'm going to do with the beets. I've just been told that Mr. ValleyWriter doesn't "do" beets. (Surprise, surprise.) That's OK - more for me, right?

6 comments:

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

All of the veggies look beautiful! My husband and I just (finally) signed up for a CSA for the rest of the summer. First share is next week.. I'm so excited!

ValleyWriter said...

Jen - that's awesome! I can't wait to see what you get - so I hope you post & share. Enjoy!

Hummingbird Appetite said...

Roasted beets taste sweet, almost like sweet corn. They're really good with goat cheese. Try that and your husband will be surprised.

ValleyWriter said...

Thanks for the tip, Hummingbird. I'll give that a try!

5 Star Foodie said...

My husband doesn't do beets either. I boil some and shred them and mix them up with some mayo and nuts for a quick lunch just for myself :)

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

I love love love beets! I agree they are delicious roasted and paired with goat cheese and balsamic-maple vinaigrette for the top!