Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Super Easy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole

Time for another easy weeknight dinner. My RA is doing a lot better, so at least I have energy after work, but now that Spring is starting to show her face, I'd rather be outside than in the kitchen. This casserole comes together quickly and the cook time gives you just long enough to go do something else (tonight, that meant mulching around some bushes in the back yard).

Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
Ingredients:
2 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" chunks
1 large broccoli crowns, cut into florets
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
1 c. stuffing mix
1/2 c. hot water
1 Tbsp. butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 2 quart casserole dish lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix cream of chicken soup with mustard.
In a separate bowl, mix stuffing, water and butter just until stuffing is moistened.
Place chicken in the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with broccoli. Pour soup mixture over the top of the broccoli and chicken. Spread stuffing on top.
Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

3 comments:

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

yeah, you won me over at stuffing mix. Yum.

Jenn said...

If it's super easy, then I'm all for it. Yum yum!!

Tangled Noodle said...

When I was a child, I could barely choke down broccoli but now, it's one of my favorite vegetables! This looks great!