Saturday, March 7, 2009

Baileys Mini Cheesecakes

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday and I've been charged with making dessert. We already had an official birthday cake at a family party a couple of weeks ago, so I wanted to do something different. As I was thinking about what my dad would like, I recalled a great memory I have of our wedding. The night before, we all went out to an Irish pub for dinner. We had Bailey's shots at the end of dinner and I joked that I might need a few more before the wedding the next day. Fast forward to the next afternoon - my daddy showed up at my hotel room bearing a full bottle of Bailey's! :-) We all had Baileys® on the rocks before heading out to the wedding.

It's one of my favorite memories of my dad, so I decided to channel it into his birthday dessert by making mini cheesecakes with Baileys.



(I went mini because he's not always big on dessert - but when it's a 2 bite dessert, who can resist?! To make a full cheesecake, the recipe and bake time can be tripled.)


Baileys Mini Cheesecakes
Ingredients
2/3 c. chocolate graham crackers, crushed
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. white sugar
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1/4 c. Bailey's (or other Irish cream liquor)
1/4 c. chocolate chips, roughly chopped (or mini chocolate chips)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease mini cheesecake pan. (You can also use a mini muffin pan with cupcake liners.)
For the crust, mix together graham crackers and butter. Press an equal amount (about 1 Tbsp.) into the bottom of each of the cheesecake cups.
For the filling, beat together cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add whole egg and beat. Add egg white and beat. Stir in Baileys. Fold in about 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
Pour filling over crust until cups are about 2/3 full.
Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips evenly over the tops.
Bake 14 minutes until centers are set.
Let cool at least 20 minutes before removing from cheesecake pan. Chill 4 hours or overnight.

I'm planning on serving these with a little whipped cream on top - yum!

4 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

What a great story and inspiration! And what a scrumptious dessert - I would love to take a bite right now.

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Ooh, Valleywriter, this recipe is outstanding. I'm partial to Baileys. I'll have to try this delicious sounding recipe. Thanks my friend.

Nila Rosa said...

Yum Baileys and cheesecake. Can't go wrong.

healthydelicious said...

I am so making these1