Friday, December 5, 2008

Yankee Candle Village - Much More Than Candles!

Yankee Candle has become world-famous for its array of amazingly scented candles. But once upon a time, there were no Yankee Candle stores at the mall or next to the local Pier 1. There was only 1 place to get them - at the source in South Deerfield, MA. I remember my mom and aunts making a big event of their trips to Yankee back in those days. Sometimes they'd even take us kids around Christmastime so we could see Santa. Today, the flagship store continues to be more than just a store; it's a destination, especially at the holidays.

I visited tonight to take some pictures of the amazing lights and decorations they have up for the holiday season:





Even if you don't want to buy a thing, this Yankee Candle store is worth a visit. I walked through tonight just to look at all the candles, cookware, specialty foods, home decor and Christmas ornaments they had. I also saw Santa with happy children on his lap, people making their own candles in the new Wax Works section and children making their own stuffed animals in the Paws-n-Claws workshop. I didn't buy a thing and I still enjoyed a good hour just walking around.
This is a definite must-visit Pioneer Valley attraction - even if you just drive by some night to see the lights. Take exit 24 off I-91 and go north on Routes 5 & 10 - you can't miss it and you won't regret it!

No comments: