Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast

I'm not sure if it's the barrage of holiday music on the radio, the TV ads featuring Santa or today's snow, but everything today is reminding me of Christmas. Even tonight's dinner, which is not at all a typical holiday meal, reminded me of it. I think it's the pretty red & green colors. I thought I'd share in case it helps put you in the holiday spirit!

Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast
Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 c. cooked, chopped spinach
1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/4 c. ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
additional salt & pepper
olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray casserole dish with oil or non-stick cooking spray.
Cut a pocket into each of the chicken breasts (basically cut through the center lengthwise, but leave 1 of the long sides uncut).
Mix spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, ricotta, red pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Stuff 1/2 of mixture into each chicken breast.
Rub tops of chicken breasts with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.

I served with a side of green beans for a healthy, nutritious dinner. Yum!

1 comment:

Varsha Vipins said...

Lovely Color..Yuppie..Holidays r here..:)